Elite & WPRA Finals | November 10-13, 2022
Elite & WPRA Entry Deadlines:
* Online entry without a late fee: October 3 - November 3, 2022, @ www.elitebarrelracing.com.
* Late Entries: Any Elite entry received after Nov. 3, 2022, will pay a $25 late fee per rider.
* WPRA Entry Deadline November 3, 2022. No late entries in any WPRA Division.
* Onsite Entries: All Elite onsite entries are taken up to run 100 in each race with a $25 late fee
* Add On (if you are already entered) – onsite | emailed up to run 100 of each race w/o a late fee.
* Draw-out Deadline: The form must be received by Thursday, Nov. 10, 2022, at 8:00 am to receive a refund.
Schedule of Events:
* Print & Read the rules.
* Keep a copy of your entry when you enter.
* If you want to stall together, one person must buy the stalls on one entry.
* If you have a special request (stallion stall etc.), send an email BEFORE Nov. 3 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Elite | WPRA Races
1. Entering the Elite Entry is online only.
* Add Form is to add to your existing entry. You can add a horse, incentives, stalls, RVs etc with no additional processing fee. Add form is on the forms page.
* Online without a late fee: October 3 - November 3, 2022, @ www.elitebarrelracing.com.
* Late Entries: Any entry received after Nov. 3, 2022, will pay a $25 late fee per rider.
* Onsite Entries: All onsite entries are taken up to run 100 in each race with a $25 late fee
* Add On (if you are already entered) – you can enter onsite or email add form up to run 100 of each race.
* Draw-out Deadline: Thursday, Nov. 10, 2022, 8:00 am. No Drawing out of WPRA Events.
2. Late Entries and Late Entry Draw
* Late entries received after Nov. 3, 2022, $25.00 late fee/per rider and placed entry draw.
* Late entries will be accepted online onsite or by email up to run 100.
* No Late Entries for WPRA Events.
* The late entry draw will be a random computer draw posted outside the office and on the website after run 100.
* Late entries taken onsite are charged a $25 late fee per entry and must be done before run 100. No late fee if you are just adding on to your existing entry.
3. Drawing Out
* Draw-out deadline is 8:00 AM Thursday, November 10, 2022. After the deadline, no refunds will be given for any reason.
* The Draw-out Form must be returned by EMAIL or in person by the deadline to receive a draw-out refund.
* The Draw-out form is for entry fees, stall fees, and RV fees, shavings less a 25% service charge.
* We do not need a Doctor or Vet release.
* A Draw-Out Form can be found at www.elitebarrelracing.com
4. Elite Open Race(s) 1, 2, & 3 Format
All Open Races will be .5 second splits with a progressive payout.
* Open Warm Up 4D Thursday | $2,500 added | 75% payout | .5 second splits | $50 EF
* Open Race 1 5D Friday| $5000 added | $65 EF | 75% payout | .5 second splits | $65 EF
* Open Race 2 Elite | TQHA 5D Saturday| $20,000 added (see details) | 75% payout | .5 second splits | $100 EF
* $10,000 Added Texas Born Incentive (on Open race 2) | $40 EF (details below)
* $10,000 Added Texas Stallion Incentive(on Open race 2) | $40 EF (details below)
* Open Race 3 5D Sunday | $5,000 added |$65 EF | 75% payout | .5 second splits | $65 EF
* All 3 races are WPRA and BBR approved
* Buckles to D winners
* If all placings/checks in a D are not filled, the remaining places/checks will be divided equally in that division.* If a division is not filled at all, the checks will be split among the other divisions.
* Open Race Rider Age Incentives:
* There are 3 age incentives in all 3 Open races. Youth 18 n under, Adult 19-49, and Senior 50 & over.
* Age will be based on the contestant’s age on the first day of the race.
* Entry fee is $25, and entry into incentives is optional.
* 4D format with .5-second splits.
* 80% equal payback
* Youth incentive in Elite Open Race 2 and 3 has $500 added sponsored by McGregor General Store
5. Open Race Approvals
* WPRA Approved Elite Warm-up race, Open Race 1, Open Race 2, Open Race 3, and the Junior incentives.
* BBR approval on the Elite Warm-up, Open Race 1, Open Race 2, and Open Race 3.
6. Elite Open Warm-Up 4D $2,500 added
* Thursday, Nov. 10 @ 5:00 pm
* Open 4D | 75% payback | .5 second splits | $50 EF
* Buckles to D winners
* WPRA and BBR approved
7. Elite Open 2| TQHA $20,000 Open 5D sponsored by TQHA
* Open 5D | 75% payout | .5 splits | $100 EF
* Eligibility: Open to anyone
* Buckles to D winners
* Side Pots:
* $10,000 added Texas Born added side pot | $40 EF.
~ Open to AQHA Texas-born horses (say born in TX on your papers).
* $10,000 added TQHA Stallion Incentive side pot | $40 EF.
~ Must be riding a 2022 TQHA nominated stallion. (See their website for a current list of 2022 stallions).
~ Owner and Rider be a TQHA member.
* Troxel Helmet Side pot $25 (any brand helmet acceptable). $500 added
~ Enter onsite. Any female can enter.
* WPRA Gold Card side pot $35 EF $1,000
* Open races WPRA and BBR approved
8. WPRA Races Entry Fees
* Card Holder - $300 (can only enter 1 horse)
~ Division Circuit Side pot - $50 $500 added
~ Gold Card Side pot - $35 EF $1,000 Added
* Permit- $250 (can only enter 1 horse)
~ Division Circuit Side pot - $50 $500 added
* Junior – $200 (can enter more than 1 horse)
~ Division Circuit Side pot - $50 $500 added
~ Juniors cannot carry over to Open race 1 and must enter the race; make a run to compete.
* Futurity $300
* Derby - $300
* Division Circuit Side pot - $50 Entry Fee, $500 added
~ 2022 & 2023 WPRA Members
~ Side-pot off of the SATURDAY WPRA Card Only, Permit Only, and Junior, and will count towards
2023 applicable standings.
* Gold Card Side Pot — $35 Entry Fee, $1,000 added
~ 2022 & 2023 WPRA Active Gold Card holders, Side-pot off of the FRIDAY WPRA Card Only or
Elite Open Race 2
~ You must have a current 2022 or 2023 WPRA Active Gold Card to be eligible
~ Only one horse may be entered in this side pot
~ Does not count toward Divisional Circuit Standings
~ 100% of the added money and 75% of the entry fees going into the purse
* Troxel Helmet Side pot $25 Entry Fee, $500 added.
~ Off the SATURDAY Elite Race
~ MUST wear a helmet during your run to be eligible. Any brand accepted.
~ Enter on-site. Female non-members accepted
9. Stalls & RVs
* Barn will be open for check-in Tuesday, November 8, 2022, at 5:00 p.m.
* Stall office is open 24 hours for stall and RV check-in.
* Shavings must be purchased from the arena for $10.00 per bag. No outside shavings are allowed.
* No portable panels or tying horses to the trailers overnight is allowed if stalls are available.
* Stalls are pre-assigned.
* If you want stalls together, one person in your group must buy all the stalls.
* Stalls are for stall nights. If you need to stay Sunday night, make arrangements in the stall office ahead of time.
10. Stall Pricing (these are packages, not per night).
* Tuesday – Sunday $135
* Wednesday – Sunday $110
* Thursday – Sunday $90
* Friday – Sunday $65
* Saturday – Sunday $35
* Shavings $11/bag
11. RV Pricing
* Tuesday – Sunday $185
*Wednesday – Sunday $150
* Thursday – Sunday $115
* Friday – Sunday $80
* Saturday - Sunday $45
* You must be entered in a race to exhibition.
* Wednesday, November 10, 2022, 10:am – 6:00 pm. Available online for only $5.00/each
* Thursday, November 11, 2022, 8:00 AM - 3:00 pm. Available online for only $5.00/each
Elite General Rules:
1. Horse Substitution
You may substitute a horse; however, if the horse is already entered, you cannot change the draw position or run the horse in the same section. Any horse substitution must be made with the show secretary in writing using the Change form. All horse changes must be submitted on a Change Form before the first horse runs in the race and a $10 fee will apply.
2. Rider Substitution
Any rider substitution/change must be made with the show secretary in writing using the change form before the first horse runs. $25.00 fee
You can change a horse OR rider, but not both.
3. Selling a Run
Selling a run is not allowed. You must draw out completely. If spots are still available, they can enter as a new entry.
Upon your arrival, you must check-in at the Stall Office for any stalls or RVs. The stall office is open 24 hours during the event. It is not necessary to check in with the Event Office concerning your entry, but we encourage all contestants to visit the area outside of the Event Office to confirm their race positions with the draw sheets that will be posted and check all incentives.
Draw numbers for your entry can also be found on www.elitebarrelracing.com prior to the event.
Futurity and Derby horse check-in: see above
NOTE: ALL STALLS AT WILL BE PRE-ASSIGNED. One of the contestants in your group MUST reserve ALL needed stalls to guarantee your stalls will be together. Please do not send any requests to be stalled together. There is not a hauling partner form.
6. Dress Code
All contestants must wear a long-sleeved shirt, long pants, a Western Hat (minimum 2 1/2" brim), and cowboy boots or equestrian sports shoes. Caps are not permitted. NOTE: If the hat falls off and lands in the alleyway or arena, a $10 dress code fine will be assessed. Helmets are not required but all contestants are encouraged to wear one. Anyone not wearing the proper attire in the arena will be assessed a $50 fine. All fine money will be going to the Elite Barrel Racing Scholarship Program.
All contestants and their family members are expected to display good sportsmanship at all times. No level of abuse toward any animal at this event will be allowed. Foul language, misconduct, or abusive comments spoken
to any contestant, spectator, staff member, or arena personnel will result in immediate contestant disqualification and no refund of entry fees. Contestants are also responsible for traveling companions and their family members.
8. Photos and a Video
Elite Barrel Racing Productions photographs and videotapes each contestant’s individual run. Flash will be used on all runs and cannot be requested to be turned off. These photos/videos are the property of Elite Barrel Racing Productions and decisions made by Elite Barrel Racing Productions management because of viewing photos and/or videos are final.
100% of all fines will be donated to the Elite Barrel Racing Scholarship Program.
10. Returned Checks
There is a $40 service charge on all returned checks from the bank, for any reason. If a check is not replaced with a cashier’s check or money order within 30 days after the check is dated, the contestant will be put on the "ineligible" list.
Dogs must be always on a leash.
Vendor Forms are available on the website. There shall be no selling of any type of merchandise or professional service on the arena grounds, in stalls, or at trailers without a vendor contract with Elite Barrel Racing Productions. Vendor forms are available at www.elitebarrelracing.com
13. Turn Out Rules
The contestant shall identify themselves to the Gate Man and be in the holding area five horses before their run. Failure to do so will result in disqualification. The Gate Man will be located next to the alleyway going into the arena. The contestant's name will be called by the Gate Man three times, if the contestant is not in the arena by the third call, they will be disqualified. Only one horse may be in the alleyway at any time. Remember the three official calls come from the Gate Man, not the Announcer.
14. Time Begins
Any time a contestant crosses the starting line, the time will begin.
15. No Time
A "No Time" will be given to the contestant for the following reasons:
• If the contestant "circles" their horse after entering or exiting the arena. (Definition of the Arena is past the plane of the alley)
• If the contestant breaks or misses the barrel pattern.
• If the contestant runs out of turn. It is the contestant's responsibility to know their draw position.
• If a contestant knocks over a barrel. A "no time" will also be given if a barrel is knocked over and it sets up again on either end. Touching a barrel, including keeping it from falling, is permitted without penalty.
• If the contestant's horse or rider falls during the run in such a manner as to break the pattern, or if the rider falls off the horse after entering past the plane of the alley
• Unable to get the horse in the arena in a 60-second time limit.
• If a horse stops forward motion.
• If you feel that you have been fouled for some reason, it is your responsibility to pull up and declare the foul to the gateman.
16. Time Limit
If a contestant is in the holding pen and attempts to enter the arena, but is unable to get the horse down the alleyway the gateman, after the second call, will give the rider 60 seconds to enter the arena. At the end of 60 seconds if the horse has not broken the plane at the end of the alleyway into the area the rider will be disqualified. (The reason for this rule is the safety of the contestant, the other contestants in the holding area, and the employees.)
17. Barrel Moved
If a barrel moved off its marker during competition, the barrel must be reset prior to the next competitor's run.
18. Horse and Rider Rule
Contestants may run any horse, regardless of ownership, but a horse can only be run once in each section.
19. Horses in Arena/Alley
Only one horse may be in the arena, or alleyway, at any time during the competition. (The reason for this rule is the safety of the contestant. Accidents can occur where the assisting horse gets in front of the contestant horse and the contestant horse then decides to go and runs into the assisting horse.)
A horse can be assisted to the mouth of the alley, but persons on foot are not allowed in the alley or the arena once the horse and rider have entered. There will be no whipping of a horse from the ground in the holding pen area or alley entrance. The gateman will enforce these rules implicitly.
Re-runs shall be granted if the official and backup timer both fail to work properly unless a barrel has been turned over resulting in a no-time. If the barrels are not placed properly on their markers, a re-run shall also be granted without any penalties being applied; however, any penalty occurring on the re-run shall result in a no time. If a rider feels that they have been fouled or compromised in any way, it is the rider's responsibility to pull up and declare the foul to the gateman.
21. Training in Arena
Contestants who are given "no time,” either for breaking the pattern or knocking down a barrel, may complete the pattern. However, show management may, at its discretion, ask a rider who is taking excessive time to train to leave the arena immediately. If such a request is not complied with, a $25 fine may be assessed.
22. Fastest Run Possible
Contestants must attempt to make the fastest run possible. Any obvious attempt to "pull up" or pace their run may result in the following penalties- 1st Offense - Warning, 2nd Offense - $50 fine, 3rd Offense - one year on the "ineligible" list at Elite Barrel Racing Productions events.
23. Tie for Prizes
If any contestants’ times are tied, the prize money will be split equally. Numbered poker chips will be drawn and prizes will be awarded based on the order of highest to lowest, with the highest number receiving the largest prize.
24. Payout Requirements
All payouts go to the rider. To receive your money, your social security number must be on file, which you are required to provide when you enter. Checks must be cashed/deposited within 90 days or all monies will be forfeited.
Any act deemed prejudicial to the best interests of Elite Barrel Racing Productions may result in the disqualification of the contestant, with no refund of entry fees. The contestant may also be placed on the "ineligible" list for Elite Barrel Racing Productions. These acts may include but are not limited to the following:
• Using abusive or intemperate language or attempting to threaten, bribe, influence, or harass any contestant, spectator, staff member, or Arena Personnel. Also, any remarks made with the intent to cast aspersions on the character or integrity of an Elite Barrel Racing Productions staff member or management member.
• Moving or attempting to move markers at any time.
• Use of electronic and/or remotely controlled devices to alter the outcome of a run.
• Abuse of a horse in any way either on the ground or in the saddle. No Whipping a horse from the ground by a bystander.
• Abuse of an animal in the show arena and/or evidence that an act of abuse has occurred prior to or during the exhibition of a horse in competition
• Competing while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
• Misidentifying a horse in any Elite Barrel Racing Productions Barrel Race class.
• Misidentifying a rider in any Elite Barrel Racing Productions Barrel Race class.
• Other conduct that is not in the best interest of Elite Barrel Racing Productions, or its contestants.
• Failure to make good on a returned check to the Elite Barrel Racing Productions or to any other association which has a cooperative agreement with Elite Barrel Racing Productions on the returned checks.
• The Elite Barrel Racing Productions Management at their sole discretion shall have the authority to disqualify or deny entry to any horse they deem dangerous to the rider, or to other individuals, animals, or property.
Safety is a prime objective at this barrel race. If you have a horse that could be dangerous to yourself, other contestants, or other horses, DO NOT come to this barrel race. Any horse or contestant deemed to be dangerous by the management of Elite Barrel Racing Productions will be disqualified and entry fees will not be refunded.
The management of Elite Barrel Racing Productions reserves the right to create any new rule, or modify any existing rule, in order to better the sport of this barrel race. Please note that the rules appearing on the boards at the event take precedence over the website and any other postings. All announcements at the show supersede printed material.
28. Postponement of Event
Elite Barrel Racing Productions reserves the right to postpone any barrel race due to a natural or manmade disaster. We do not like to put these conditions on any event but feel it is not fair if only a small percentage of barrel racers can attend. Any monies collected will be refunded. If any event is postponed, we will reschedule it for a future date. No postponement, or cancellation, will be made due to a lack of entries.